Wednesday, January 31, 2007


Pattens Merino felt clogs

The yarn I ordered arrived from Yarn Forward last week and I finally had time on Sunday to pick up the pattern.... unfortunately Fabric Place only had the children's version. But they were having a great 25% off sale on everything. So I picked up the children's version and the felted mittens pattern and some Cascade 220 to go with it. Meanwhile, on Monday I was driving by another yarn shop near me and found the adult version! I started with the children's version in size XL and have completed one and am 2/3 of the way from finishing the second. They are so easy and quick, I can't believe I haven't come across them before.

Cascade 220

So the color I am using above was really supposed to be for me, but I have plenty left to make another in the adult size. I will probably do the child's version again in the purple for my daughter and I have a feeling my son will want a pair too when I'm done.

Meanwhile I have pictures of the Wine and Roses Mitts from the winter Interweave Knits issue. I made them in Rowan 4 ply in blue and I added beads to the cuff where the yarnovers are. They came out beautiful I think. It was an easy pattern that held my attention well.

No comments: