Friday, January 12, 2007

Fingerless mitts and socks too.



The fingerless mittens are done.... I just didnt' get a picute of the completed thing. But here is a picture of them3/4 of the way there. The picture is terrible since I didn't get out in the sunlight but I'll describe them. They have 3 cables running up the front and 4x1 ribbing elsewhere. I made them out of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in Navy and just adapted a mitten pattern to be without thumb or fingertips. They were made for my son who is the type to cut holes in his sweatshirt sleeves to put his thumb through, but is way too cool for regular mittens. I would get a picture of the completed thing, but they are on their way to Maine for a ski trip with the recipient.

I also made some progress on the blue stripey socks. One is cast off. I still have a bit of sewing to do because I made a picot edge at the top that needs the hem sewn down. This was the second pair of socks I made using the toe up pattern and I have to say I liked it. The toe is ingenious and they are truly seamless if one chooses to cast off at the top instead of using a hem. I added a small cable down the leg for some variety.

No comments: