Saturday, March 3, 2007

Saint Brigid at One Week

This is all the progress I have on St. Brigid. It is slow going, but I love the feel of the yarn and am determined to get to the finish line even if it's a while from now. I am already on the 3rd ball of yarn which is a bit anxiety provoking. What if I get to the sleeves and I don't have enough after all this work? I started with 20 skeins and the yardage is similar to the pattern yarn. I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Here is a picture of my progress next to the pattern picture...


I don't plan on making mine quite as long as the pattern and I am omitting the fringe. While knitting last night, I watched my latest Netflix dvd: Ballykissangel. It's good motivation to watch while knitting an Irish jumper! I really wish it was still in production, it's a very well done series set in Ireland with a whole mass of great characters living in an idyllic Irish town. I used to catch it here and there on PBS on Friday nights (I think), but at the time my kids were much younger and I never got to watch it every week. So my Netflix queue has the whole series lined up. I love the quirkiness of the characters and the relationship between the priest and the athiest pub owner. It's great, I love Netflix.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.