Monday, February 26, 2007

End of vacation knitting progress

My most recent sock in progress. This is the cable sock that I have made several times before. For some reason they are taking me longer than the past ones have, but I am back to working on them as my small project. I have jury duty next week, so the second sock will come in handy. It has enough texture to hold my attention but somewhat too much to do while trying to to something else... like watching my daughter play soccer. Here is a closeup of the front cable:




I also started working on the frogged remains of the Jo Sharp wool formally seen as Inishmore... I have started St. Brigid. It is a beautiful cable sweater and I love the texture of this wool, it is so incredibly soft. The only thing is that I cannot work without the charts in front of me at all... well except for the reverse side. So although I made a bit of progress over the weekend on it, it will probably be a while before this sweater is done. I need to do a bit of stash busting though and this wool is begging to be knit up. I'm going to try very hard to work on it an hour every evening. It is also a lovely grey color which I know is not so exciting, but since I wear jeans almost exclusively outside of work, it goes with all I have. Also, hopefully it won't show the inevidable tea stains I get on everything.

No comments: