Saturday, March 17, 2007

Sick Day


Yesterday was a total washout weather-wise, but I was home with J. who was sick with the stomach bug. I spent half the day with a headache probably from poor sleep during the night, but managed to do a few things later in the day. Here is the picture of "Sunday Best Cardigan" from The little Sublime hand knit book. I just love the bottom edge (and the fact that you don't have to do all the edging at the end by picking up 300 stitches).

I finished the two front pieces and the back, started a sleeve while watching Ballykissangel series 3 and realized I had decreased instead of increased (not once but twice). So sleeve one is still only about 2 inches. Obviously the dynamics between Fr. Peter and Assumpta who recently got married held my attention far more than the directions did.

I also made these:

It is a chocolate cupcake with brown sugar icing from the book Perfect Light Desserts which I received from my friends Brigid and Kate at Christmas. (They know me so well.) I am not usually much of a cake fan but these cupcakes are so moist and delicious. They are a perfect chocolate pick me up. They have 280 calories, so not exactly light when you eat two of them, but not so bad if you eat just one (a real challenge). The texture is dense but not heavy and the brown sugar icing is a perfect compliment to the rich chocolate taste.

No comments: