Monday, March 12, 2007

One foot of Saint Brigid

Saint Brigid is slowly progressing. I have a foot's worth and it is getting easier to knit, still checking the chart but not nearly as closely as before. I have even ventured to bring it out for knitting in public.
I also found the most adorable baby knits book from Sublime . I bought 2 skeins of yarn intending to do this sweater, but cast on for this hat instead. It was super easy to make. I adjusted the pattern a little to work in the round once the ear flaps were done.

It looks a little like the crown of the hat is too shallow, but I think it is just the angle of the picture. I also started a bootie, but I'm not crazy about the shape. I think I didn't pay close enough of attention to the rows as a I was knitting it, so I think I'll be frogging and redoing. Also, it seems like I should do a provisional cast on so that I can graft the edge together and it will more closely match the other side of the sole. More on that later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, thanks for the comment - Pat at W&W seems to think the baby yarn might not be so bad, since it's thinner, it's wound tighter maybe? And if you got a lighter color, the white fuzz will be better hidden. But let me know how it works out! Beautiful cables, by the way.... Thea
babycocktails.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

Thanks for the info Thea. I haven't washed it yet, but I'll post again when I do.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.