Saturday, October 20, 2007

Shawl's done, Sox in progress


The shawl is done! I finished in time for the wedding in August that my husband and I attended. It was perfect shawl weather and I got plenty of compliments. The wedding planner at the hotel was a knitter and recognized the pattern... nothing like a striking pattern to bring out the knitters!

The next shawl pattern I want to do is the Swallowtail shawl also from Interweave Knits. It is much smaller, so I hope it will be quick enough for a Christmas gift. Knitting Sunshine has a really nice one on her blog.

Red Sox are still hanging in there, but the "believe" factor is not there like it was in 2004, so I can't see them pulling it off this year. It sure is good sock knitting though, I've finished one pair and am onto a second pair.

It turns out I am not the only crafter in the family... Today my son needed a birthday gift for a friend at school. We walked on over to Beadworks and found a necklace and he actually made a set of earrings to match. He and I picked out some matching beads to the necklace and the girls at the store taught him how to use the tools and make the earrings. They came out really great.

















Not that I need another diversion for my spare time, but what a great idea for gifts. We'll definitely be back there before Christmas time. Here is a picture of the necklace he matched:

No comments: