Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hallett's Ledge sleeve progress and a little side track


The sleeves are progressing, bit by bit.  I am trying to really pay attention to the increases and follow the directions correctly (unlike my usual sleeve attempts).  Maybe that is why they are going so slow.  I am a little bit nervous that they will be too tight and/or too long before I get to the last increase because I believe my row gauge is off by a row or two.
 
But, I have a slight detour at the moment:



Some mitts made out of Malabrigo silky merino in the color lettuce.  I can't tell you how soft this yarn is.  And I love the pattern.  It is from Churchmouse Yarns.  A pattern my friend, Penny found for me at her local yarn shop.  I like the pattern so much that I could not resist buying some more yarn for it while visiting my friend Judy's local yarn shop....

That is a skein of Manos del Uruguay silk blend in color 3120 (the multi) and also a skein of super-soft Cascade Eco Duo (baby alpaca and merino). Mmmmmm can't wait to knit with these.

They are tucked inside my favorite small project bag from Lantern Moon. Totally worth the price because I just love it, it's the perfect size.

No comments: